Strezov Sampling AFFLATUS Chapter II: Brass KONTAKT Inspired by film and classical music icons, this comprehensive and no-holds-barred collection of brass instruments grants you access to curated ensembles, traditional orchestral sections in various sizes along with soloists, all based on popular soundtracks while covering the classical symphonic repertoire, as well. Consistently recorded normale and with various types of mutes, Afflatus Chapter 2 Brass makes it easier and more satisfying to write for orchestral brass than ever before.
After 5 years of conceptual recordings and polishing, Chapter 2 of the Afflatus Series is finally here. Pushing the concept far beyond the first installment of the series, Afflatus Chapter 2 Brass is a comprehensive no-holds-barred collection of brass instruments based 100% on user feedback and the core strengths of the first chapter, making it a true workhorse collection of brass instruments.
Complete Content List
Capturing conducted musical performances as opposed to static generic samples, Afflatus Chapter 2 features several curated ensembles based on some of our and your favourite film soundtracks and pieces from the classical repertoire. These highly specialized and inspiring patches deliver instantly gratifying results beyond what traditional multisamples are capable of achieving. Recorded with different articulations and dynamic layers, these curated ensembles are far more than one-trick ponies; they are serious scoring and music production tools.
From a gigantic Barbarian Low Brass Ensemble able to perform thunderous walls of brass while still maintaining clarity and an organic sound, to 10 Phantom Horns amplifying themselves through Marshall Amps back into the room into playable, expressive and delicate brass swells (The Chosen One), as well as muted trumpets with vibraphone and saxophones (Noir Brass), the available colours are numerous and required an extensive amount of test sessions to get the best out of the concepts they are based on. We are proud to say that we have 9 different curated ensembles with multiple articulations as well as dynamic layers in the 1.0 release of Afflatus Chapter 2 Brass. For more in depth information, please check out our Content Overview List.
On top of that, Chapter 2 also comes as a comprehensive and consistently sampled workhorse brass collection containing various ensemble sizes and soloists of every section recorded normale and with various mutes (where applicable) for the different instruments. Featuring the latest iterations of our acclaimed polyphonic true legato and a brand new user interface allowing you to customize each articulation and the sound to your liking. Special attention was given towards seamless crossfading between dynamic layers and tightness in the round robin editing. The top dynamic is a blasting fff, while the lowest dynamic is a soft pp. A wide selection of different lengths for marcato playing as well as playable sfz crescendo, slides, wt/ht trills, flutter are available for each instrument performed normale and with mutes where possible.
The library was edited in such a way that playability and performance was key. There are only minimal offsets – if any – needed to get the performance 100% tight.
Included Section Sizes and Soloists in the v1.0 Release:
As with the previous chapter, Afflatus Brass dives deep into the unknown, too. Therefore, we are happy to say that the experimental subfolder is also present in Chapter 2. These highly playable patches are processed and mapped in unusual ways and allow you to get sounds beyond the traditional orchestral perspective on brass instruments.
- Boutique Brass Collection consistently sampled with curated ensembles, traditional sections and soloists
- Dynamic Range from ppp to fff with seamless crossfading between dynamic layers
- Recorded in an ambient medium-sized hall with 4 mic positions (Close, Section, Decca and Hall)
- Polyphonic True Legato tailored towards choral brass writing as well as exposed monophonic True Legato
- Performance Patches for quick sketching
- Curated Ensembles based on orchestrations from film scores and the classical symphonic repetoire
- Consistently recorded collection of muted brass with various options for different types of mutes
- Experimental Sections featuring processed recordings
- Brand new User Interface allowing for the customization of each individual articulation
- Customizable “Tuning Humanize” and “Hall Noise” Options
- Velocity Dynamic Influencer for extra control on polyphonic legato voicings
- Powered by Native Instruments’ free Kontakt Player and NKS compatible