Soundiron Bontabulous Fabtraption KONTAKT
Bontabulous Fabtraption captures the vintage analog sounds of the unique Bontempi HP 544-20. This Italian synthesizer was introduced to the market in the late 1970s. It featured a 49-key keyboard and drum/rhythm machine, as well as a variety of knobs and faders to control layer volume, instrument type, envelope, modulation and filter.
Our Bontabulous includes synth sustains, staccatos, piano, violin, and “Magic Chords” dialed in from the organ. We also sampled 34 tempo-syncable drum machine loops. We recorded the instrument articulations in wide stereo and direct line in. After that, we crafted twenty evolving atmospheric pads from the source content to enhance versatility. Bontabulous offers a time-traveling aural preview of the historic Bontempi line of products, complete with rich tonal colors ready to enhance any genre of composition.
We’ve packed the GUI with lots of great sound-shaping controls that give you the flexibility to warp the sound in many ways. You have control over Volume, Attack, Release, Transient Offset, Vibrato and Octave layering. The “Glide” control slider allows you to play legato and portamento leads. You’ll also find an adaptable LFO system, with selectable LFO shape, modulation target parameter, speed, intensity, tempo-syncing and fade-in time. You can also apply your choice of 13 lowpass, high-pass and FX filter, with assignable modulation control options, including velocity, modwheel, expression, after-touch, key position and step-sequencer table control. You can also use our customizable arpeggiator, with a built-in velocity sequencer table and control over arp direction, note timing, swing, randomization and duration.
Bontabulous Fabtraption was recorded in a dry studio using a pair of Neumann TLM 103 large diaphragm microphones and direct line in. We recorded many stock presets with sustains, staccato, magic chord, and drum loop samples. The included octave, vibrato and FX rack give you an easy-to-use interface to completely customize and shape its fat analog sound to fit a variety of creative styles.
The library comes equipped with flexible control features, like Swell, pitch Glide, Attack, Release, Vibrato, and Octave. There’s also a complete DSP effects rack, including convolution reverb with dozens of unique spaces, such as cathedrals, churches, halls, bunkers, garages, tunnels, chambers, rooms and plenty of otherworldly FX impulses to fully explore and endless variety of strange and unexpected sonic manipulations.
– Advanced performance controls, vibrato, glide speed, LFO, Filter, Arp and full FX rack.
– Sustains, staccatos, magic chords, drum loops.
– Turn the Glide slider up for monophonic legato functionality, or turn it down to 0 for standard polyphonic mode.
– The Octave knob gradually adds a lower and higher octave doubling effect for more body and power.
– Convolution Reverb with 119 different cathedrals, churches, chambers, rooms, halls and special effect impulses.
– A full multi-effects rack, with EQ, filter, phaser, flanger, delay, distortion, amp & speaker simulation and more.
– 3 main powerful open-format Kontakt .nki instruments
– 20 Ambience patches created from the source content
– Synth Sustains, Staccatos, Magic Chords, Drum Loops in two microphone positions
– 20 Custom Sound-Designed FX and Ambient presets
– 6.5 GB Installed
– 6,720 Stereo Samples
– 24 bit / 48kHz Stereo uncompressed PCM wav audio
– Unlocked wav samples can be directly imported into almost any wav-compatible plugin or DAW