RarLab RAR 6.24RAR for macOS is a x64/ARM version of WinRAR Archiver for Windows. It can backup your data and reduce the size of email attachments, decompresses RAR, ZIP and other files downloaded from Internet and create new archives in RAR and ZIP file format.
RAR for macOS’s main features are very strong general and multimedia compression, solid compression, archive protection from damage, processing of ZIP and other non-RAR archives, scanning archives for viruses, programmable self-extracting archives(SFX), authenticity verification, NTFS and Unicode support, strong AES encryption, support of multivolume archives, command line and graphical interface, drag-and-drop facility, wizard interface, theme support, folder tree panel, multithread support and Windows x64 shell integration.
RAR for macOS provides complete support for RAR and ZIP archives and is able to unpack and convert CAB, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZ, ACE, UUE, BZ2, JAR, ISO, Z, 7-Zip archives. The app is available in over 50 languages.
• RAR is a powerful compression tool with many integrated additional functions to help you organize your compressed archives.
• RAR puts you ahead of the crowd when it comes to compression. By consistently creating smaller archives, WinRAR is often faster than the competition. This will save you disk space, transmission costs AND valuable working time as well.
• RAR supports all popular compression formats (RAR, ZIP, CAB, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZip, UUE, ISO, BZIP2, Z and 7-Zip).
• RAR is ideal for multimedia files. WinRAR automatically recognizes and selects the best compression method. The special compression algorithm compresses multimedia files, executables and object libraries particularly well.
• RAR allows you to split archives into separate volumes easily, making it possible to save them on several disks for example.
• RAR is also ideal, if you are sending data through the web. Its 256 bit password encryption and its authenticated signature technology will give you the peace of mind you have been looking for.
• RAR is a trial product, meaning you have the chance to thoroughly test it. The program can be used absolutely free of charge for 40 days!
• RAR licenses are valid for all available language and platform versions. If you have purchased several licenses, you can even mix versions to meet your own personal needs.
• RAR introduces an original compression algorithm. It provides high compression ratios on executable files, object libraries, large text files, etc.
• RAR provides functionality for creating a ‘solid’ archive, which can raise the compression ratio by 10% – 50% over more common methods, particularly when packing large numbers of small files.
• RAR offers the ability to create and change SFX archives using default and external SFX modules.
• RAR offers the ability to create a multi-volume archive as SFX.
• RAR offers a number of service functions, such as encrypting files, adding archive comments and repairing physically damaged archives.
Note: WinRAR for macOS is a command-line only application. If you want a more intuitive GUI client for your compression/decompression needs we suggest you try The Unarchiver or unRarX.