IRCAM ASAP Plugins Collection v1.0.1 AudioSculpt As Plug-ins – A set of audio plug-ins that allows transforming sound in a creative way.
ASAP is a set of audio plug-ins that takes over and adapts some of the features of AudioSculpt in order to be used in digital audio workstations.
The user is invited to play with the sound representation and the synthesis parameters in order to generate new sounds. You are invited to play with the sound representation and the synthesis parameters in order to generate new sounds.
The plug-ins can also be used in order to correct the defaults of the sound and to improve audio rendering. Thanks to the ARA2 integration, the spectral transformations are integrated into your editing workflow. The plugins are based on the SuperVP audio engine developed by the Ircam analysis-synthesis team. Check out the video presentations below!
The ASAP plugins set contains:
• Spectral Remix [Free]: The plug-in allows you to control the balance of the harmonic, noise, and attack components of the sound. Beyond many original approaches, the plug-in can be used to highlight or hide certain audio elements and characteristics such as background noise, vocals, percussive sounds, and so on.
• Spectral Crossing [Premium]: The plug-in allows you to cross the amplitudes and frequencies of a source sound and of a side-chain sound to generate a hybrid sound. The plug-in can be used to creatively interpolate and transform one sound into another by gradually mixing the phase and amplitude components of the two audio signals.
• Spectral Morphing [Premium]: The plug-in allows you to apply the spectral characteristics of a side-chain sound to a source sound in order to transform its timbre. By using a voice sound as the side-chain on an instrument sound as the source, spectral morphing can be used to make the instrument speak.
• Spectral Clipping [Free]: The plug-in allows you to expand and compress the energy of spectral components within a range of thresholds. It can be used to silent low-level sounds such as background noise or to limit high energy peaks such as high-pitched bird calls.
• Formant Shaping [Premium]: The plug-in allows you to modify the vowels and play with the formant resonances of the sound. It can be used to change spoken vowels of a voice or to vocalize instruments such as a drum set.
• Spectral Surface [Premium]: The plug-in allows you to draw shape filters on the sound spectrogram and to control their gain and the fades. The sound representation and the effect interface, made possible thanks to the ARA 2 plug-in extension, allow the creation of very complex and precise surface filters to reduce or increase specific parts of the spectral components of the sound. The plug-in can be used to compensate for annoying artifacts in the sound as well as to transform the sound creatively.
Last changes: v1.0.1
– Fix: Spectral Surface – Audio pre-rendering can saturate if surfaces overlap (#169)
– Fix: Spectral Surface – The wand surface is inconsistent if the audio region has been resized (#168)
– Add: A list of scale factors in the plugins’ menu to resize the graphical interfaces (#166)
– Fix: Spectral Surface – The labels and tooltips of the surface panel contain typos and mistakes (#165)
– Fix: Spectral Surface – Update of preredering requires a restart of the playback (#164)
– Add: Spectral Surface – Show a floating window to textually specify the zoom range when clicking with option/alt on the ruler (#163)
– Fix: Spectral Surface – The minimum zoom is not well initialized when restoring a project saved with an old ASAP version (#162)
– Fix: Spectral Surface – The zoom range selection of the ruler by clicking with command/control is not well functional (#161)
– Imp: Spectral Surface – The highlighting of the header of the selected regions is more visible (#160)
– Imp: Spectral Surface – Add music note information in the tooltip window (#159)
– Fix: Spectral Surface – Shifting surfaces with up/down/left/right keys works only once (#158)
– Imp: Replace the text field and buttons of the command line with a single text button (#156)
– Imp: Spectral Surface – Display time information relative to playback instead of audio region (#137)
– Fix: Spectral Surface – The start playback position and surface position are shifted when the audio region requires resampling (#112)