Inear Display Interstice v1.1
Esoteric Dual Band Delay
Interstice is a dual band delay plugin that aims to facilitate the creation of otherworldly echoes and resonances. It splits the input signal into low and high frequencies using a resonant filter to add extra harmonics to the sound. Each band then goes through a delay with a complex feedback path consisting of a diffusion network and a damping filter. A pitch-shifter can optionally process the signal pre or post delay to create complex overtones. A drift modulator can also impact key parameters of the circuit.
Interstice was designed with dense and psychedelic ambient sounds in mind, to turn a simple synthesizer note or a short sample into a cascade of esoteric tones, but it also shines as a resonator on top of more rhythmically complex signals. Its apparent simplicity and straightforward workflow hides an extensive palette of creative possibilities, as demonstrated by the factory presets that include a bank specially crafted by acclaimed sound designer Ivo Ivanov. Last but not least, more surprising results are just a click away with the built-in parameter randomizer.
– Band split via a resonant filter
– Low and High bands
– Delay per band with optional host tempo synchronization
– 2 delay algorithms : repitch and xfade
– Complex feedback loop with diffusion network and damping filter
– Pitch-shifter per band which can be pre or post delay
– Pitch-shifter window size control
– Separate amplitude and panoramic controls for each band
– Mute individual bands
– Drift modulator with depth and rate controls
– Parameters randomizer
– Lock Dry/Wet, Cutoff and Resonance parameters when changing presets
– 7 color schemes
– Resizable user interface
– Cross-Platform Presets
– 36 Factory Presets
Available as VST3 and Audio Unit for macOS (Intel or ARM) and Windows (64 bit only).
– macOS 10.12 or higher
– Windows 10 or higher